Introduction to BluePrism RPA
In today’s world, most companies regardless of their sizes are looking to automate business processes in a way that it complements manual strategizing while processes remain uninterrupted. This is why they resort to Robotic Process Automation (RPA) a new-age technology that is being utilized by companies to automate business processes. Robotic process automation does not involve actual robots. Rather, it is all about using RPA Tools that provide users with the right environments for automating business processes.
Thankfully, there are various tools in the RPA market. Three of the more popular ones are Blue Prism, UiPath & Automation Anywhere. Here are a few things you need to know about Blue Prism RPA
What is RPA Blue Prism?
Designed in 2001, Blue Prism uses a “top-down” approach that sets it apart from other tools in the market. It is a virtual workforce powered by software robots. Blue Prism also offers a visual designer with no recorders, scripts or any intervention. By enabling businesses to run a versatile digital workforce, Blue Prism helps businesses to automate their operations cost-effectively. This is achieved via the automation of rule-based, manual, repetitive back-office processes. Blue Prism RPA offers a flowchart with a drag and drops feature that allows the user to automate each step of the business process.
Features of Blue Prism
Some of the features of Blue Prism include the following:
- Secure & Accurate: Blue Prism delivers secure and accurate results to the limitless processes executed on it.
- Robust: Blue Prism offers load balancing, data encryption, and end-to-end auditing features. All changes are audited and related back to the relevant users.
- Scalability: It allows processes to be automated when necessary in addition to being centrally managed.
- 24*7 Workforce: Blue Prismworks intelligently without needing human intervention for all the actions.
- Data Security and Data Abstraction: Blue Prism is designed to work autonomously, so all the processing is executed and stored in a data centre. This is how it is able to provide a well-defined data abstraction of data and data security.
- Cloud support: Blue Prism provides working the right type of capacity support for each business. This means that all users have to do to create workers on demand and manage them centrally.
- Execution Intelligence: The software connects to systems and reacts according to the demands of the environment.
Benefits of Blue Prism
- It offers better service quality, because the end-to-end auditing is performed by the Digital workforce.
- Blue Prism RPA performs tasks with high accuracy and minimal errors.
- Blue Prism RPA facilitates scalability since it is based on an intelligent Digital Workforce and not recorders or scripts.
- It can be easily deployed since it automates the application’s controls regardless of their onscreen position.
- The Digital Workforce can work 24*7 without taking a break or jeopardizing the accuracy of the results.
- Blue Prism RPA offers dashboards that allow users to analyze the data, the process’s session and much more.
- Users do not need IT skills to implement in Blue Prism RPA
- Solutions can easily be applied in the shortest time possible
- Blue Prism RPA allows you to automate application controls. This allows you to increase the velocity of the robots
- With Blue Prism RPA users get a range of feature on the analytics suite
- It enables building operative and a well-organized end to end business process automation
- It allows you to obtain real-time feedback from the Control Room module. This helps users to get a detailed insight into their digital workforce.
- In Blue Prism, custom permissions module allows robot groups and robots to have user-specific access. This allows for a security automation process
- Tiered encryption algorithms ensure data storage, access, and connectivity
- With Blue Prism RPA, customized digital front ends offer an easy manner to integrate front office agents and the back office bots. The consequence is that the interaction between humans and robots is improved
Cons of Blue Prism
- No unattended RPA: There is no direct interaction between the databot and the end-user with Blue prism. While this improves the robustness of the software, conversely, it limits the possible use cases significantly.
- Closed ecosystem: Blue Prism does not provide a free RPA test version. This means that training material can only be obtained from accredited partners. Asa result users do not have a platform to exchange ideas and experiences.
- Initial threshold: The entry threshold for Blue Prism is high. It has a high base price and a mandatory number of licenses to be purchased. In all its set-up is on the high side.
RPA Blue Prism: Blue Prism Components
- Process Diagram: These are business workflows which function like software programs. Blue Prism is Java-based, so they utilize core programming concepts and create operational process flows like flow charts. Process diagrams are essentially graphical representations of workflows which create, analyze, modify and scale the business capability.
- Process Studio: This is the area where Process Diagrams are created. It also offers features such as business logic, object call, control loops, and variables.
- Object Studio: It is imperative for enterprises to communicate with external applications to automate tasks. This is where Object Studio comes into the picture. Object Studio is the component that is responsible for the creation of Visual Business Objects (VBO). These objects are diagrammatical programs that interact with external applications to perform operations. Business Objects provide interfaces with only one external application though, and while it might not have the Main Page, it has two default pages that are organized as a flat group.
- Application Modeller: This is the functionality that is used to create application models with Object Studio. It serves to facilitate the interaction between the UI Elements of a target application and the Blue Prism program.
Blue Prism RPA has become a necessity for organizations that make a move towards software bots. As a result, the increased demand for its implementation in several organizations is inevitable now and in the future. Blue Prism RPA is not without its own shortcomings: choice of functionalities offered a closed ecosystem and a solid licensing policy. Nonetheless, its benefits far outweigh its faults. Blue Prism is a highly recommended RPA to have in your workforce.
MindsMapped helps small, medium and large businesses to evaluate their organization to identify the right RPA product for their environment and help implement the selected RPA. MindsMapped also assists in setting up a RPA CoE for organizations to help build that capability thereby increasing the number of processes that could be automated in the future with very little or no assistance.